Janssen leaves Tottenham for Mexican side Monterrey

Striker Vincent Janssen has left Tottenham after agreeing a deal to join Mexican side C.F Monterrey.

Click Here: cheap kanken backpack

The 25-year-old Netherlands international joined Spurs from AZ Alkmaar in 2016 but failed to make an impact at White Hart Lane.

Janssen arrived at Spurs for a reported £17million having topped the Eredivisie scoring charts in 2015-16 with 27 goals.

In his three years at the club he made just 42 appearances, scoring six goals, and spent the 2017-18 season on loan at Fenerbahce.

Five times squad number succession went wrong…

Willian has been handed Eden Hazard’s No.10 shirt at Chelsea. He better hope he gets on better with the burden than these huge disappointments…

 

Man Utd’s No.11: Ryan Giggs to Adnan Januzaj
United apparently considered retiring the No.11 shirt after Giggs chucked it in the wash basket for the final time in 2014 but the club ‘wanted the legend to continue’. Giving it to Januzaj marked the beginning of the end for the teenage winger at Old Trafford.

He made 21 appearances in his first season with 11 on his back, failing to offer either a goal or an assist. Januazaj was then loaned to Dortmund – disastrously, as it turned out – before he returned to don the jersey just five more times. United offered him one last chance but by farming him out to Sunderland during the darkest days at the Stadium of Light, Louis van Gaal effectively signed the Belgian’s death warrant. He was sold to Real Sociedad upon returning from Wearside, when Anthony Martial was given Giggs’s old number. He wasn’t best pleased about it

 

Man Utd’s No.7: Cristiano Ronaldo to Michael Owen
“Manchester United did well to give him the number seven,” said Ronaldo, presumably stifling giggles while getting comfy in his new Real Madrid jersey in 2009. United had taken the £80million world record signing’s old shirt and given it to free agent Owen, who had just been released by relegated Newcastle.

The most simple, most logical explanation is that Ronaldo imposed some kind of dastardly curse to ensure no one ever shone ever again while wearing his old number. Owen’s Old Trafford stint was best described as ‘forgettable’ before he handed the shirt on to Antonio Valencia. The winger had a nightmare before returning to his old No.25 as quickly as possible. Angel Di Maria was presumed to be a worthy occupant of the jersey in 2014 but his pea-hearted performances saw 7 come up for grabs again when Memphis Depay arrived in 2015. The Dutchman flopped spectacularly but Alexis Sanchez has since dragged United’s supposedly sacred number to new depths.

In the decade since Ronaldo took off the shirt for the final time, Manchester United’s No.7 has contributed just 14 Premier League goals.

 

Arsenal No.10: Dennis Bergkamp to William Gallas
When Gallas went to Arsenal in 2006, two numbers were available: the No.3 Ashley Cole had vacated, or Denis Bergkamp’s old No.10. The defender had better have a good excuse…

“I saw it as a great opportunity as I’d already worn the same number earlier in my career, and my daughter had been born on November 10,” he told FourFourTwo.

“At the same time, it was good for Arsenal that I wore the number. If a young player is given the No.10 shirt, it’ll be far too much pressure on his shoulders. But to me, it didn’t make any difference at all.”

Ah, so by committing one of the most heinous squad number crimes ever, he was doing Arsenal a favour. We blame the club for giving Gallas the choice in the first place.

 

Newcastle’s No.9: Alan Shearer to Obafemi Martins
Shearer was so desperate for the iconic No.9 jersey, the Geordie demanded it as one of the conditions of returning to his hometown club in 1996. After wearing it with distinction for a decade, the plan was to hand the shirt over to Michael Owen, but the England striker got crocked at the 2006 World Cup, so Glenn Roeder offered it to new signing Martins.

Shearer warned the new boy that he would need broad shoulders to carry the No.9, which Martins most certainly possessed. But his feet were not up to the job of maintaining the legacy of Shearer, Jackie Milburn and Malcolm Macdonald.

That’s not to say he was wretched. Martins averaged nine goals a season over three years, which culminated in relegation in 2009 when his best efforts couldn’t compensate for the half-arsed attempts of Owen and Mark Viduka.

 

Arsenal No.14: Thierry Henry to Theo Walcott
“I’ve got Thierry’s shirt number now but he’s not getting it back, even if he comes back for a while. I’ve already told him that,” said Walcott in uncharacteristically decisive fashion before Henry returned to the Emirates in 2011.

By that time, three and a half years had passed with Walcott occupying Henry’s jersey, which perhaps was a burden too heavy to entrust upon a slight teenager with a total of four Premier League goals.

Still, he carried it for long enough – nine and a half seasons, to be precise. But by the time he left for Everton after averaging seven Premier League goals a season while adorning a shirt Henry in which broke the club goalscoring record, hope had long since faded of Walcott justifying the tag of ‘the next Henry’.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang looks rather more comfortable with Henry’s number, though Walcott’s form at Everton suggests the jersey had little to do with his struggles to justify the early hype.

 

Click Here: Sports Water Bottles

 

Arsenal fail to hit the spot as Juventus refuse €35m offer

Arsenal have made a bid for Juventus striker Moise Kean but it was ‘swiftly rejected’ by the Italian outfit, according to reports.

Juventus are looking to sell Kean and, according to Gianluca Di Marzio on Saturday, the Gunners and the Toffees are going head to head once more. Apparently, Juve are willing to let the teenager go on the condition they get first refusal at the next point of sale.

Di Marzio added that Kean will cost around £27m, but Barcelona are also said to be sniffing. They have a plan which involves purchasing the striker before sending him immediately to Sevilla on loan.

And Tuttosport (via Sport Witness) claim that Arsenal have had a €35m (£31.5m) bid, without a buy-back clause, rejected for Kean.

The Italian outlet seems to think that it is the failure to include a repurchase option that remains the sticking point in any negotiations over Kean.

Juventus want to sort Kean’s future out first with a new contract as soon as possible before trying to sell him with a buyback clause or settle for a ‘dry loan’.

The Gunners’ fellow Premier League side Everton have ‘remained vigilant’ on Kean, while Dortmund are doing a ‘survey,’ which we presume means keeping tabs on the 19-year-old.

The Serie A side are now ‘seriously thinking about sacrificing the young bomber’ but want to cover themselves at the same time.

 

Click Here: Sports Water Bottles

Liverpool’s Milner says his future at Anfield is in doubt

Liverpool midfielder James Milner has cast doubt over his future at Anfield after claiming he hasn’t “heard anything” from the club over a new contract.

Jurgen Klopp recently suggested that the 33-year-old can play for several years yet, and could yet have a role on the coaching staff at the club.

However, the former Leeds United midfielder – who has one year left on his current deal – says there has been no interest from Liverpool in renewing his contract.

Click Here: Sports Water Bottles

“As it stands, last year we spoke to the club and asked them if they wanted to do something and they said not at that time,” said Milner.

“We haven’t heard anything since, so that’s where we are at.

“All I can do is concentrate on my football and do what I can. But in terms of where I am with my contract, that’s what has happened up until now and I haven’t heard anything from the club.”

 

Monterrey ready to ‘welcome’ Spurs striker amid transfer link

Vincent Janssen will reportedly undergo a medical at Mexican side Monterrey today with his team-mates ready to make him feel at home.

A lot was expected of Janssen when he completed his £17m move from AZ Alkmaar in 2016 but the Dutchman hasn’t lived up to the hype.

The Netherlands international scored six goals in 42 appearances for Spurs, while he bagged five in 18 matches on loan at Fenerbahce in 2017-18.

Football.London revealed yesterday that Janssen’s ‘move to Liga MX side Monterrey should be finalised in the coming days’ with a medical set for today.

And Monterrey’s star playmaker Maximilliano Meza is ready to welcome Janssen with open arms as the Dutchman begins a new chapter in his career.

“Whenever a player comes to collaborate, who can help us, he will be welcome,” Meza told Medio Tiempo.

Click Here: Sports Water Bottles

“So he will meet an incredible group. A group of good people, a very competitive team.

“So I think he will feel comfortable and hopefully he can help us with whatever he wants most.”

 

Insider reveals latest details of Real’s pursuit of €200m Pogba

An insider has revealed the latest details of Real Madrid’s pursuit of Manchester United midfielder Paul Pogba.

Pogba has made clear his desire to leave Old Trafford, with Real Madrid looking most likely to offer the France star an escape from Old Trafford.

But United have insisted that Pogba is for sale, though reports suggest they may be tempted to do business should they receive an offer close to €200m (£180m).

Juventus cannot afford their former player so they have resorted to offering United three players in exchange, while Real are said to be launching ‘Operation 200’ to raise the money to sign Pogba.

And now Spanish newspaper AS (via Sport Witness) brings us quotes from an insider to reveal the latest as Real continue their pursuit of Pogba.

The report claims that Los Blancos are confident of getting their man but the source claims “it could last until late August … why not?”

Real will make their first bid in August and ‘could then make an attempt later that month’ if that offer is rejected.

If no deal is struck by August 8 then Real could look at alternative options and will ‘reorganise their strategy’.

The Spanish side ‘would not pay more than €150m in any case’ despite United demanding €200m for the 26-year-old.

A source close to the France international told AS: “We have to keep calm, we are working on it.”

 

Click Here: Sports Water Bottles

Arsenal ready to inflict double transfer blow on Tottenham

Arsenal are poised to land two of Tottenham’s transfer targets as they close in on deals for William Saliba and Dani Ceballos, according to reports.

Click Here: Sports Water Bottles

Widespread reports indicate that Saliba will sign for the Gunners after they agreed a £27m fee for the defender – with a medical arranged for Tuesday – before he returns to Saint Etienne on loan next season.

It is understood that Tottenham were their main rivals for Saliba’s signature but the 18-year-old defender will move to the other side of north London.

And now The Sun claims that Arsenal are set to inflict another blow on their arch-rivals by beating them to the signing of Real Madrid midfielder Ceballos.

The Gunners hierarchy are ‘convinced they are going to win the scrap’ to land Ceballos on loan with Real boss Zinedine Zidane giving the ‘green light’ to a move.

The main worry for Arsenal was not being able to offer the midfielder Champions League football next season – but talks are now at an ‘advanced stage’.

The Sun describes the deals for Saliba and Ceballos as ‘in the bag’ and they will now turn their attention to landing Celtic left-back Kieran Tierney.

 

Klopp wants Liverpool to bring Dortmund playmaker to Anfield

Jurgen Klopp has reportedly asked the Liverpool hierarchy to explore the idea of bringing Borussia Dortmund’s Marco Reus to Anfield.

Reus spent part of his youth career with Dortmund before moving away, however it was Klopp who convinced him to return to the Westfalenstadion in 2012.

The Bundesliga giants reached the Champions League final the first season after his return, while Reus has since gone on to establish himself as one of the league’s best creative players.

Klopp left Dortmund in 2015 and took the Liverpool job, but the Germany international recently stated his belief that Klopp’s influence during his time with BVB still has a lasting impact.

The admiration is seemingly mutual though, and according to Spanish outlet Don Balon Klopp has asked Liverpool to examine the possibility of bringing Reus to Anfield.

The 30-year-old has amassed 117 goals and 75 assist for BVB, however there would be questions as to whether he would represent an upgrade on their current options of Roberto Firmino, Mohamed Salah and Sadio Mane.

However, given his ability to play across the front or as a No 10, the player could well be seen as strong competition in his Liverpool squad, were Klopp to make a move.

Reus has also played as a centre-forward before, a position Klopp could look to strengthen in light of Daniel Sturridge’s departure, but Dortmund would surely be unwilling to part with another prized asset given Christian Pulisic’s recent move to Chelsea.

Click Here: highlanders rugby gear world

 

Man Utd contact €100m target’s family; bid in ‘next few days’

Manchester United have made contact with Paulo Dybala’s family ahead of launching a bid for the Juventus striker, according to reports.

The Argentina attacker has been linked with a move this summer, with United and Manchester City said to be among his suitors.

Dybala has scored 10 goals in 42 appearances this term but Max Allegri has named the 25-year-old on his bench on 10 occasions leading to suggestions Juve might cash in.

Gazzetta Dello Sport brought news on Friday that the Red Devils had made ‘contact’ over a potential move for Dybala.

And now Calciomercato (via Sport Witness) claims that despite Bayern Munich and Paris Saint-Germain also being interested, the suggest that United lead the race for Dybala.

United have made contact with his brother, Mariano, over a potential deal and want to lodge an official bid with Juventus in the ‘next few days’.

The Old Lady are understood to be looking for €80m up front with the deal after bonuses amounting to somewhere around €100m.

The report does insist that despite United’s interest that it remains more likely that he will stay at Juventus if they can provide him assurances.

Click Here: toulon rugby shop melbourne

 

After Upper House election, ruling bloc bets political cost of tax hike will be limited

OSAKA – During the Upper House election campaign, one of the main issues weighing on voters’ minds was the implications of the consumption tax hike in October, which will become reality the third time around after being postponed twice.

The decision to double the 5 percent consumption tax to 10 percent in two stages was made in 2012 by the then-ruling Democratic Party of Japan — which has since disintegrated — and the Liberal Democratic Party and its partner New Komeito.

To what extent it will dampen the economy is uncertain, but Abe and his ruling coalition are betting they’ve sufficiently prepared voters in advance to accept the second stage of the hike and that the political backlash will be limited despite widening economic disparities.

The hike is expected to generate an additional ¥5.7 trillion in annual revenue, of which ¥2.8 trillion will be used to defray the national debt, ¥1.7 trillion to provide free education and for child care, and ¥1.1 trillion to reduce health care costs for the elderly.

The introduction of the consumption tax in 1989 and subsequent hikes in 1997 and 2014 had political consequences for the ruling LDP, with the party doing poorly in national elections following the increases.

In the December 2014 Lower House election, Abe postponed the second stage of the hike to 10 percent after going ahead with the first-stage hike to eight percent from five percent that April. He postponed it again just before the 2016 Upper House election.

Click Here: cheap kanken backpack

Since then, the ruling coalition has been building a consensus for the hike to 10 percent — and this time, it appears to be paying dividends.

“Abe may have solved the political challenge of raising consumption taxes,” says Tobias Harris, a Japan analyst at Teneo Intelligence, a consulting firm in Washington. “A prime minister can raise it if, and only if, there are highly visible programs that will return money to the public. Between the Komeito-favored rebate system and the pledge to fund publicly mandated universal early childhood education, the government has probably baked enough into the tax hike to drain some of the passion out of opposition to it.”

During the campaign, the ruling parties touted the various ways the tax burden on consumers will be reduced, but all of the major opposition parties favor freezing or canceling the hike to either first collect more corporate and financial taxes and, in the case of Nippon Ishin no Kai, reduce the salaries of Diet members and civil servants.

With the tax hike a done deal, attention has turned to what the government might do next once the 10 percent rate goes into effect.

For now, Abe has said that there will be no need to raise the consumption tax again for another 10 years.

But pressure to raise taxes more is growing at a time when Japan faces the need to fund a rapidly graying and shrinking society despite its massive public debt.

In April, the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development said the consumption tax would have to be raised to between 20 and 26 percent to reduce gross government debt to 150 percent by 2060. Japan’s government debt last year was 226 percent of GDP — the worst among the 36 OECD countries.

But even as the OECD warned Japan that increases in the consumption tax in the coming decades were needed, others were saying there was nothing to worry about.

In recent months, a radical economic theory that cites Japan as a model case has been making political waves on a global scale — and also weighing in on the debate about the tax hike.

Modern Monetary Theory, as it’s known, fundamentally proposes that a government that issues debt using its own currency can borrow as much money as it wants, as long as inflation remains low. This means, in theory, government spending can be increased without the difficult political decision of having to further raise taxes. The theory has been espoused by Stephanie Kelton, professor of economics and public policy at State University of New York at Stony Brook.

Earlier this month, Kelton drew intense political, economic and media interest when she visited Japan to speak about MMT.

Many mainstream economists are critical of the controversial idea, warning it will lead to higher interest rates and kill any predicted economic gains. Japanese officials are also skeptical of the idea.

Politically, the theory is popular among progressive politicians like Bernie Sanders and Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.

But U.S. President Donald Trump’s fiscal policies have also been likened by some in the U.S. financial media and on Wall Street as an example of MMT in action. During the 2016 presidential campaign, Trump himself said the U.S. government would never default because it could always print money.

With Japan also being called by some media and financial analysts as a model of MMT, the credibility of the theory will no doubt be fiercely debated.

That may be true as Japanese politicians were to face voters concerned about possible further consumption tax hikes on the one hand, and the huge government deficit on the other — regardless of the results of Sunday’s election or what the economic and financial impact of the October tax hike may be.